l’un des principaux cabinets de conseil européens dans le secteur de la coopération internationale
contrat permanent, option à temps partiel et à plein temps
We make the world a little better…
…as a leading European consulting company working in international development coopera-tion.
Since 1982, GFA has implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, fo-cusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing professional advisory services to state and non-state actors.
We contribute to achieving the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in our interna-tional projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg.
Our international and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success. If you are passionate about international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environ-ment with space for you to contribute your ideas for a better world, join the GFA team from September 2023 onwards as:
French speaking (Junior) Consultant (m/f/d)
In our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department we focus on consultancy services related to water sector policies, water and solid waste sector reform, circular econ-omy, value chain development in recycling and CE, water acts, management (reform) of water utilities, aggregation of utilities, capacity building all along the water, wastewater and solid waste sector stakeholders, human resources development in water and solid waste utili-ties and/or public entities in the water and SW sector, assistance in decentralization process towards municipalities, tariff systems, accounting, billing, pro-poor water and sanitation ser-vice strategies, public awareness in WASH, socio-economics in water demand studies, will-ingness and capacities to pay studies, cost-benefit analyses.
Join our team in the Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department in Ham-burg/Germany, with frequent travel to developing countries, as an open-minded and versatile (Junior) Consultant (m/f/d) (part-time/full-time) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
• Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
• Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
• Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
• Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasi-bility and project preparatory studies;
• Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
• Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
• Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• University degree (Master) in a relevant area (e.g. hydraulic engineering, water re-sources management, environmental engineering, waste management, economics);
• At least 2-3 years (preferably 4-5 years) of relevant experience in the context of the water supply and sanitation sector, water sector reform, capacity development of wa-ter sector stakeholders, institutional strengthening, utility management etc., preferably related to development cooperation
• Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English;
• Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
• Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
• Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
• Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
WHAT WE OFFER
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills devel-opment and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by na-ture, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and work certificates or references, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date) quoting the job code « UEB-DEU23GFA0007-ASTEE » by July 31st, 2023 per e-mail to: Marisa Ludwig, Recruitment Department,
+49 (0) 40 60 30 6-143
à partir de 3200€